Sarah told me I need to be better at writing on here. I can't promise I'll be better, but I will try!! This week was quite an interesting one. I've been attending a conference at the Salt Palace on Domestic Violence. I know, I go to strange conferences. I remember when I lived with Sarah, and the rest of the "jamshackers" and they were puzzled by the fact that I was attending a gang conference. My job takes me to strange places, that's for sure! The best thing that came out of the conference was the fact that I made a new friend. One of my co-workers at LDS Family Serivces was there. If you don't work the same hours at that office, you never get to know each other, so it was nice to spend some time getting to know her better.
As far as family goes... My niece, Sarah, tried out for a choir that is a combination of kids from all the elementary schools in her district. I'm still waiting to see if she made it or not. She is pretty shy in front of people and she had to audition, by herself, in front of 3 judges. Regardless of the outcome, I am so proud of her for trying.
I talked to my 3-year-old niece Sonora on on the phone the other night. It was about 9:00 pm her time and she overheard my sister talking about muffins, so she kept telling me, "Aunt Nanon, I am soooo hungry." It was making me laugh. Then she said, "I will come and pick you up at the airport later." She has been with her mom several times to pick me up at the airport, and she's ready for the next time. I love talking to her on the phone. She always makes me laugh so much!
The only other family news is that my sister-in-law is going to be having a baby girl any day now. They want to name her with a name that starts with "B" because they have Brittnee and Bethany. They are having a hard time coming up with one they agree on, so if you have any ideas, please share them! Otherwise, she'll end up just being called Baby!
Other than that, I'm just anxious for my mom to come visit next week! She gets in on Wednesday, but I won't be able to see her until Friday :( She'll be down in Provo at my grandparents house and I'll be up here working. I'm sure we'll have a great weekend though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
One of my favorite names is Brylee! I hope one day to name a girl that! So there you go Brylee...for the B!
"Ballyhoo" has a special place in my heart, but I guess it might not be the best choice for a little princess. Alas. I'm so honored that you wrote so that I could get a Nanon fix! Your life sounds so full and interesting (you are so CSI) right now. I miss you! Have fun with your mom!
How about Brielle? I've always thought that was totally cute!
Brynlee is my suggestion. Love that you blogged! Have fun with your mom and tell her hi for me.
Post a Comment