Friday, September 26, 2008

My New Niece



This is my cute new niece, Brooke Eilene Talley, born to Scott and Gina. She was born on Wednesday, September 24th weighing 5 lbs., 12 oz. and was 18 inches long. Brooke is a very special addition to our family. She has Downs Syndrome. We did not know this before she was born and it did shake us all up a little bit. My oldest brother had a daughter that died following complications at birth, so I think we were all extra shaken up because we had gone through that in the past. Brooke has some heart problems and will eventually have to have open heart surgery. They want to put it off as long as possible, hopefully not until she's about 4 months old so she has a little more strength; however, she could have to have it at anytime. I am so happy that she has 5 older brothers and sisters who will always take good care of her and love her more than any child could ask. I already love her so much and cannot wait until I can see her. Any prayers on her behalf, as well as her parents behalf, would be appreciated. I will keep you all posted as to when she will have to have surgery. We are having a special fast for her on Sunday and you are all invited to join in.

3 comments:

Jenna Johnson said...

What a beautiful baby! What a life changing event! It takes amazing people to raise these spirits! I'll fast with you on Sunday!! I hope all goes well!

Kendra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kendra said...

Okay, I am really stuggling today. That is two comments I have had to delete because my mind went faster than my fingers. She is so beautiful! What a special spirit! My thoughts and prayers are with your family!