Thursday, June 5, 2008

Trip to Texas



I had such a great time (for most of the trip) when I went to Texas. It was so much fun to suprise Sarah and Caden at school and have lunch with them. Not only did I suprise them by showing up at their lunch, but I took them airplane tickets to go to Amarillo for Stetson's baptism.
Friday morning Megan and Sonora dropped the three of us off at the airport and we took a short flight to Amarillo where Gina and Bethany picked us up. When Denver came home from school he didn't seem too suprised to see Sarah and Caden, I think he still gets me and Megan mixed up quite a bit. When Brittnee and Stetson came home, they seemed a lot more suprised. I have some pictures of the event that I will post when I have time.
The kids all seemed to have a great time playing with each other and were so cute to watch. It sure makes my job of being an aunt easy and rewarding! Friday night they all had a water baloon fight that lasted all of 2 1/2 minutes.
Saturday was Stetson's baptism which was such a great experience. He is the second of my nieces and nephews that I've been able to see be baptized and I don't know that anyone noticed at his or Sarah's that this aunt got a little teary eyed. I am so proud of my nieces and nephews and the choices they make.
After the baptism the kids played some more and then it was time for Sarah, Caden and I to leave. Our flight back was great and we had a very warm welcome from Sonora.
On Sunday I went with Megan's family to church and then we all took a nap in the afternoon.
Then the not so fun part of being an aunt happened. Scott's kids were so nice to share their flu with me and I woke up in the middle of the night feeling pretty sick to my stomache. Poor Sarah heard me in the bathroom and was the one who got to tell Megan I was puking.
I felt bad that a day of my trip was spent in bed rather than playing and having a good time. Tuesday, after tapping into the "Daddy funds" Megan dropped me off at the airport and I sat and waited for 4 hours for a storm to clear so I could fly home.
I had such a great time and was so happy to see so many of my nieces and nephews. You each make my life so much more happy and I love spending time with you! I am looking forward to a trip to New Mexico in July to go to Angela's baptism!

5 comments:

Scott said...

Nanon!!!

You didn't really have to post that picture did you???

Thanks,
Scott

P.S. Other than the picture it was a nice write-up.

TheFunYam said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you joined the blog-o-sphere and that I can keep tabs on you! YOu really are the best Aunt--those kiddos are so lucky. Love you!

Megan said...

I know our kids had a blast. For a couple days after you left Sonora kept asking where Aunt Nanon is.

Scott-I love the picture. I think it brought out your true colors. Pink?

Kendra said...

What you have a blog too. Awesome! I will have to check on this too now. Cute kiddos!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.