Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What I Am Really Good At

Well, obviously I am not good at keeping my posts up to date. My sister wrote something on here back in April, and I just now saw it. Needless to say, life has been busy. So, what am I really good at.... procrastinating homework!!! Yes, homework. I am starting back to school to get a doctorate degree in psychology, and I will do just about anything to avoid doing my homework!!! Even update my blog!
So, why am I going back to school.... funny thing. I have always wanted to get a doctorate degree and even looked into a few different programs over the years. Over the past few months my life has felt a bit out of control with so many things going on. I knew it was time for something to change. I considered switching jobs, moving out of state.... becomming homeless.... just about anything to get some type of change and feel like my life was more in control. So what did I do, well I prayed. Trust me, going back to school was not the answer I anticipated. I thought, maybe I'll get a big raise and only have to work one job, maybe I'll meet Mr. Right and he'll be rich... but no, the answer was to go back to school. My term started last week and I have a project due on Saturday and I'm having a difficult time getting back into the mindset of homework.
So, that's my latest life update. I hope you are all doing well!!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah! It is about time you updated here. Maybe procrastination will lead to better blogging?
I am so excited for you going back to school-at least for the end result. It will be well worth it.

thebellcrew said...

GEEZ! You are crazy, a doctorate? You are too smart for your own good.

TheFunYam said...

I'm glad to see you posting again too! Did you get my phone message? Congrats on the PhD--you go girl!!