Wow, I had quite the week last week! I left last Monday for a work trip to Vernal. My friend Barbara came with me which made the ride much more fun. While I worked on Tuesday, she was able to go to the temple and relax. Working for the state, I often have to travel to different youth facilities and spend time at them. In Vernal, we have the Split Mountain Youth Center that serves as a detention center, observation and assessment center, youth services, and a shelter. It is a newer facility and much nicer than some of our older buildings. I was able to meet 3 girls who are in the facility in different sections and leaned some good things about the work the counselors are doing there.
After a day's work in Vernal, we drove to our ward's girls camp near Kamas. When I was growing up, we only had stake camps, so this was my first experience with a ward camp. Barbara and I stopped and bought ice cream in Heber and you would have thought we showed up with a million dollars for each of the girls. They came running fast! I really enjoyed getting to know the girls in our ward better. They are all amazing and have so much strength that gets them through the diffiuclties of adolescents. I had a great time up there, we stayed until Wedensday night and then drove back down to Sandy.
First thing Thursday morning, I jumped back into the car and headed for New Mexico. Barbara was going to come, but was called back into work, so it was just Bailey and me. Well, Bailey gets car sick I quickly learned. I felt so bad for him, he was miserable the whole way. I stopped in Price and bought some dramamine, when he was finally able to get some in that stayed in, he did much better. it made for a long trip.
We stayed at my brother Justin's house. He has 2 little boys, Brent and Logan, and 2 dogs, Brutus and Sox. I wasn't sure how Bailey would do with the dogs, he's not around other dogs often. They all got along great! Between running around with the other dogs and being chased by Brent and Logan, he was exhausted at the end of each day.
My sister-in-law Ruth and I took Brent and Logan to the zoo. I soon realized that I had forgotten my camera on this trip. I wish I would have had it, there were so many cute picture moments!
The reason for my trip down this time was to go to my niece, Angela's, baptism. She was baptized on Saturday afternoon. My sister-in-law Becky is the best seamstress in the world, I learend this quickly as we were roommates in college. She made a beautiful dress for Angela to wear. My nephew Greg gave the talk on baptism and I was able to talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It is so great to see my nieces and nephews make such important decisions in their lives.
Bailey and I drove back yesterday. I gave him dramamine before we left Justin's house, but he still got a little sick. I think he's still feeling the affects of it today as he has been knocked out all morning and would usually be up running around. I had such a great time visiting family and being back in New Mexico. I love it there and a part of my heart will always remain in the Land of Enchantment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
How fun! What a busy week! I wish you would have had your camera, I would love to see pictures.
Welcome back! I'm glad you had such a great time! I hope it doesn't take too long for little Bailey to recover! I know how he feels...I get super carsick too! Blech!
Post a Comment